Making String Easter Baskets

My string Easter basket is completely dry, but I want it to stand up straight. Can I rub a little bit of water on the bottom to make it soft so that I could make a dent in the bottom or will this mess up my basket. I made 7 for the girls in my granddaughter's class. I worked really hard and they turned out perfect, but I don't want to ruin them. lol

Did you use a sugar water mix to make them go hard? I'd think you could try your method, yes.

No I didn't I used Elmer's glue but I did rub a little water on the bottom to get it soft and it did work.

I did it and IT WORKED..YAY

You could try on one basket first and see if it works... worse case scenario if it does not go as planned- you only need to redo 1 basket.

It WORKED..YAY

From apartment therapy.com:
Once the top is dry, the bottom will still be a little soft. Pierce it with a straight pin, and set it down to flatten and create a level base. You want to egg to stand upright on its own.

it sounds like you solved your problem. What a nice loving thought and a lot of work.

I know your granddaughter will be beaming with pride and love over these.

it appears you have got it now, bit if it were to get too soft just use more glue

Anonymous

If you haven't solved the problem yet, you could take a mason jar ring and wrap in coordinating ribbon and glue to the bottom for stability.