Making Thanksgiving Table Favors
This is something special for the Thanksgiving table. Make one for each place setting. The kids can help with this project.
- art foam in brown, red, blue, yellow, and green
- scrap of fabric for bandana
- pinking shears for cutting tail pieces
- flat toothpicks
- puff paints, in black and white for eyes and beak
- red chenille stem
- white tacky glue
- delicious apple
- Trace the patterns on the foam using the photo as a guide for colors.
- Cut 2 tail feathers of each color with a pair of pinking shears.
- Cut 2 head pieces.
- Sandwich toothpicks between pieces for head and tail feathers, leaving enough at the bottom to stick into the apple.
- Spread them with Tacky Glue and clip them together or weight them down until they are dry.
- Use puff paints to make the eyes and the nostrils in the beak.
- Glue the beak into place.
- Shape the red chenille stem for the wattle, and glue to side of the beak as shown in the picture on page 2 (see PDF).
- Cut the heart shaped fabric with pinking shears for the bandana.
- Overlap the Xs on the pattern and glue with right sides up for the bandana.
- Stick the toothpick holding the head through the opening and insert into the apple.
- Insert tail feathers.
- If you like you can add name tags for place settings.
Note: You may have to enlarge the pattern pieces on page two (see PDF). The tail should be about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long and the heart for the bandana should be 3 inches across at the widest point. They don't have to be exact.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.