Making Valentine Cupcake Wrappers
Unique coverings can be fashioned for your holiday cupcakes with stiff paper and your stamps. This is a guide about making Valentine cupcake wrappers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The saying goes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. What better way to win his affection this Valentine's Day than with a few delicious cupcakes. Cover the cupcakes in some pretty handmade cupcake wrappers, and you are sure to bowl him over. These wrappers are easy to make, but they look like store bought quality. A fun element to add to your Valentine's Day decorations this year!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 wrappers ~ 2 with roses and 2 with hearts ~ and 2 toppers
- printed copy of provided pattern sheet
- 2 A4 sheets of light pink marbled cardstock
- 1 A4 sheet of dark pink sugar paper
- 2 toothpicks
- foam rose stamp
- 2 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- heart-shaped craft punch
- neon pink, purple, and green felt-tip pens
- Pilot silver marker pen
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- utility knife (Stanley knife)
- yummy cupcakes
- Trace the pattern for the cupcake wrapper onto the pink marbled cardstock and cut it out. Repeat so that you will have four cardstock wrappers.
- Trace the pattern for the cupcake wrapper onto the dark pink sugar paper and cut it out. Repeat so that you will have two sugar paper wrappers.
- Use the utility knife to cut a slit into each wrapper, as indicated on the pattern.
- Rose wrapper:
Use the rose stamp to add a row of roses to the wrapper. Color the rose petals with the purple pen and the stem with the green pen. Place the stamp onto the wrapper and press down on the stamp to transfer the image. Carefully lift the stamp and allow the stamped flower to dry thoroughly. Continue adding more roses to the wrapper in the same way. Add some detail to the roses with the silver pen.
- Heart wrapper:
Punch a row of hearts on the bottom of the wrapper. Use the neon pink pen to add a pink border all around the hearts and the scallop edge of the wrapper. Add some detail with the silver pen. Glue a sugar paper wrapper behind the cardstock wrapper.
- Cupcake topper:
Use the cookie cutter and trace four hearts onto the remaining pink marbled cardstock. Cut the hearts out. Stamp a rose onto two hearts and add some detail with the silver pen. Glue a toothpick onto one of the remaining hearts and then glue the heart with the stamped rose on top.
- Wrap the wrappers around the cupcakes and enjoy!