Making Zesty Lime Cheesecake Bars
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 22, 2018
I love the addition of lime juice and zest to these cheesecake bars because they bring some zing to the creaminess. The graham cracker crust has some added cinnamon to really give it a nice dimension. This is an excellent dessert for barbecues and picnics when you want something decadent like cheesecake, without the need of forks and plates. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 12 bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 box (16 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lime juice (1/2 if using sour cream)
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir to form a soft dough.
- Press dough into a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly brown.
- While the crust is baking, beat the softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Pour in 1 cup granulated sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs and heavy cream (or sour cream). Mix until combined.
- Beat in lime juice and lime zest, scraping down the sides.
- Pour the batter onto the baked crust.
- Even out the batter so it's completely level. Bake until set, about 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the filling reads 180 F.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate until ready to serve, dust with powdered sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.