Making a Blanket Panel on a Knifty Knitter?

0
Share
Pin
1
Save
Follow
Print

I'm trying to make a panel for a blanket on the orange knifty knitter long loom; one side detaches so I'm just using one side. One side is straight, but the other side edge is what looks to me as shrinking or decreasing. I'm doing the same thing as the other side, at least I think I am. And the first row keeps curling up. I'm using a sort of stretchy yarn. But I want my blanket to look semi decent as it's a Christmas present for my daughter. Thanks.

By Juanna

The curling happens when using a stretchy yarn - when finished you'll just need to 'block' the project (wet and shape. Use rust-proof pins to hold it in shape as it dries, and yes this works with acrylic yarns as well as with wool or other natural fibres).

Looking at the photo you've posted, it looks to me as though you're wrapping tighter where the rows have gone narrow, OR that you're decreasing somehow.

Try unwrapping to the point it's the width you want, and then slowly rewrapping each peg with the same tension as you used previously. And be sure you're not decreasing accidentally at beginning, end, or middle of the row.

Pretty yarn, I hope you'll post a snap of the finished blanket:)

Crafts Knitting LoomsNovember 30, 2014
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Blanket-Panel-on-a-Knifty-Knitter.html