Making a CD Sun Catcher

Category Decorations
By decorating a CD you no longer want you can make a unique suncatcher. This is a guide about making a CD sun catcher.

With a CD, mirror pieces, jewelry findings and recycled jewelry, you can make this pretty sun catcher.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

Source: Pinterest inspired

• 1 CD ($0.00)
  • 27 mirror pieces 1/2" or smaller. ($.50)
  • 9 round gems from recycled jewelry. ($.25)
  • 1 hot glue gun ($0.00)
  • 8 jewelry findings ($1.00)
  • pliers
  • 1 each fairy and jewelry bail ($0.00)
  • 1 fancy button ($0.00)

1. Glue the button or your choice of embellishment in the center of the CD.
  2. Ad

3. I put the 9 gems around the button and added 3 pieces of mirror out from each of them.
  4. The next thing was to find and flatten the findings I had. I didn't have 9 of the same, but I flattened two styles and divided them into 4 and 4.
  5. I put four of the one style on the one side and divided the other four into two, one set on each side of a blank spot to hang it from. That left the flattened findings (with pliers) even.
  6. With a small chain, I looped it into the bail and hung it. The shots of it in the window were not good, so I just took some of it on the wall. N-JOY!!
  7. Ad

I make something very similar and hang them in my trees. At night they catch the light and look just like Lightning Bugs! ( I live in So. Ca. and don't get Fire Flys)

Wow this is great!! What a wonderful craft idea!

It is a great idea, but I have a question for you. When you say findings what do you mean------not real experienced obviously.