Making a Cat Tree from Fallen Branches

I want to make a cat tree out of some recently fallen branches (we had a nasty storm that destroyed a lot of our trees), but do I have to wait for the branches to dry before I use them? How could I dry them when they're too big to fit in the oven? The branches are birch and dogwood.

By Caitlin G.

Best Answer

I don't know if this helps but when lumber flooring is cut it needs to sit for a length of time (can't recall if it's days or weeks) inside the house so it can acclimate to the environment before being installed.

Try a web search of woodworking or DIY sites. Posters to their message boards can give you advice.