Making a Chandelier from a Table Lamp

Category Home Decor
When you can't find just the right chandelier maybe it is time to get creative. This is a guide about making a chandelier from a table lamp.

I wanted a chandelier over my dining room table, but couldn't find any I liked enough for the price so I decided to hang a table lamp upside down over the table. I found this one at the thrift store and bought it for five bucks. It's glass hand blown into a wire cage with three little balls for feet that could be unscrewed off, which is how someone attached it to the ceiling. People don't even realize it's a table lamp until I tell them! I have experimented with many shades for many different looks and it is one of my prime spots for hanging Christmas ornaments.

By Sara from Rochester, NY

By Steve (Guest Post)

Brilliant idea.

I love it! You are the bomb!

By newtaraday (Guest Post)

The lamp seems heavy, it would be lovely if you shared with us how do you secure the lamp to the ceiling.(Pardon my ignorance)

By (Guest Post)

You have a good eye for decor!