Making a Crochet Mustache Applique
Use these cute mustaches to add personality to any jacket or bag. This is a page about making a crochet mustache applique
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mustaches are so popular right now. I usually don't go for the latest fad, but I have to admit they are charming. Here is a pattern that you can whip up in less than 5 minutes, seriously! Add this to any project, cup cozy, purse, scarf, the sky's the limit. Just have fun.
Total Time: Less than 5 minutes
- "G" crochet hook
- tiny amount of worsted weight #4 yarn
- embroidery needle
- Ch 23.
- Slip stitch in the second chain from your hook and next 3, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in each of next 2 ch, treble in each of next 2 ch.
- Slip stitch in next ch, this will create your first "mustache bump".
- Slip stitch in the next ch, ch 4.
- Treble in the next chain, dc in the next 2 chains, hdc in the next ch, sc in the next, slip stitch in the remaining 5 chains.
- You are done now!
- Please note that when weaving in your ends on the "tail side", don't pull too tightly. This will shorten your curly cue mustache end if you do. Weave in your ends and pull the curly bit to stretch it out again.:)
December 9, 20150 found this helpful
Add some hipster flair to your wardrobe with these simple crocheted mustache appliques. Learn how to make them in this short video.