Making Crochet Jewelry
If you know how to crochet, you can make some lovely jewelry. This is a guide about making crochet jewelry.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Hope you like the easier version!
Approximate Time: 30-60 minutes
- 17 yards (from shoulder to tip of hand measurement) double strand red crochet thread
- size E hook
- cool temp glue gun
- purple rose, trimmed down to 1/3", ribbon bow for side, and 5" of ribbon
- 1 1/2" to 1 5/8" red felt circle
- pin back
- optional: purple feather, some purple seed beads, and spray glitter or gel
- magnet piece about 2" long
I have submitted this kind of hat before, but now I am redoing the pattern. I no longer need a soda cap, or stuffing, etc.
- For the base, yarn on, then chain 4, making a DC in the first stitch from hook, and 12 more in the same stitch, for a total of 14. Join.
- Chain 3 and make DC in same stitch, then 2 in each stitch around for 28 DCs. Join.
- Chain 6, skip one stitch and slip stitch in 3rd stitch, repeating around till you have made 14 loops. Join, break off and work tail into back.
- For the top, chain 6, make 1 DC in 3rd chain from hook, then 3 more across for 4 DCs. Chain 2 and turn, repeating the 4 across till you have a strip that is 30 rows long. Break off.
- With a small dab of glue, start the strip rolling and keep it flat on the top, then a small dab in the middle and one at the end. Let cool.
- With the 5" of ribbon, dab a dot of glue at the end of the strip and secure the ribbon there, let cool till secure, then run the ribbon around the hat top to meet the beginning of the ribbon, and secure.
- Trim any you have left over.
- Glue a ribbon bow to that spot. On the top of the spiral, dab a bit of glue on the center of the swirl and push the trimmed rose down the center of the spiral. Hold till secure.
- On the flat base, glue the felt backing to the back side of the base keeping the minimal glue on the edges. Keep in mind that even cool glue can burn, and it will often ooze through crochet work.
- Press down with a cup or mug, or something flat that protects your fingers.
- When the top and bottom are done, simply glue them together. Glue pin back so that when it's worn, the hat hangs down with the ribbon bow on the bottom.
NOTE: These pins are to be worn indoors. Inclement weather isn't advised.
OPTIONS: You can make your hats magnets instead of pins if you like. Or, you can doll up your pretty pin with some feathers, (like on a boa), some seed beads on a string around the base of the hat band, and spray the whole thing with red or purple glitter spray or paint. Just a touch will give it a pretty finish.
You can also make a pretty Easter Bonnet with pastel thread, and flowers all over the top. And, a Patriotic Straw hat using cream or white for the hat, and some red/white/blue ribbon and flowers.
I hope you find this pattern easier than the other one I submitted. I know I did!
By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Lake Zurich, IL
March 8, 20114 found this helpful
Crochet embellished Mardi Gras party beads.
Approximate Time: less than 1 hour
- Mardi Gras bead necklace
- small amount size 10 crochet thread
- size 7 steel crochet hook
- tapestry needle
Attach thread with a sc around the necklace between any two beads.
Round 1: *Ch 3, sc between next 2 beads. Repeat from * around. Join with a slipstitch in first sc.
Round 2: Slipstitch into first ch 3 loop. Ch 3, 4 dc in same loop. *Sc in next loop. 5 dc in next loop. Repeat from * around. End with a slipstitch in top of beginning ch 3.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA
These are super easy, use just a tiny bit of ribbon yarn and whip up in minutes!
November 13, 20040 found this helpful
Using crochet cotton and a size 11 hook, chain 4. Join with a slip stitch to form a ring, work 13 double crochet in ring, slip stitch in top of first double crochet.Read More...
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
January 4, 20171 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a crocheted button cuff bracelet. Showcase a decorative recycled button on this clever bracelet.
January 21, 20161 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a crocheted chain necklace. Using a couple of simple crochet stitches you can make this pretty necklace.
December 1, 20160 found this helpful
This is a guide about making crochet bangles. This quick crochet jewelry project is perfect for the beginner.
February 15, 20170 found this helpful
Showcase a favorite button by incorporating it into a pretty crochet bracelet. This is a guide about making a crochet button showcase bracelet.
April 24, 20130 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a crochet necklace. If you can crochet, you might want to try your skills at making crochet jewelry.