Making a Crochet Waves Pattern Cowl
Crochet cowls can be made using many different crochet stitches. This is a page about making a crochet waves pattern cowl
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This stitch pattern creates a unique wave pattern. It is perfect for alternating and showcasing 2 colors. This cowl best fits children.:)
Total Time: About 3 hours
- around 300 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- "I" crochet hook
- embroidery needle
- Ch 153. **This pattern looks best when you alternate colors every 2 rows. I accidentally worked 4 rows of the same color at one point, but it still turned out okay.:)
- Sc in 2nd ch from hook, *1 hdc in next ch, 1 dc in each of next 3 ch, 1 hdc in next ch, 1 sc in each of next 3 ch, repeat from*, ending with 1 sc in each of last 2 ch.
- Ch 1, turn. Skip 1st sc, 1 sc in each stitch until end.
- Ch 3, skip 1st sc, 1 dc in next sc, *1 hdc in next sc, 1 sc in each of next 3 sc, 1 hdc in next sc, 1 dc in each of next 3 sc, repeat from* ending with 1 dc in last sc, 1 dc in ch.
- Ch1, turn. Skip 1st dc, 1 sc in each stitch until end.
- Ch 1, turn. Skip 1st sc, 1 sc in next sc, *1 hdc in next sc, 1 dc in each of next 3 sc, 1 hdc in next sc, 1 sc in each of next 3 sc, repeat from*, ending with 1 sc in last sc, 1 sc in ch.
- Repeat steps 2-5 in order a total of 2 times more. 8 rows more.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 once more.
- Fold in half, short ends lined up.
- Work 16 sc evenly through both thicknesses.
- Ch 1, turn. With right sides facing you, work 153 sc evenly around the entire edge. Fasten off, repeat with the other side. Weave in ends.
- All set!
This beautiful crocheted infinity scarf has a wavy texture created from the stitches. It would make a perfect gift. Learn how to make it in this short video.Read More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.