Making a Decorative Hair Pin
Handmade hair pins are a lovely addition to your hairdo, adding a special tone to even a casual occasion. This is a guide about making a decorative hair pin
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
For next to nothing, you can make a gorgeous hair pin! These work best when placed in an up-do or bun. They only take a few minutes and look so pretty in your hair. Give them as gifts, wear them yourself, sell them. Bet you can't make just one! :)
Total Time: 10 minutes
Source: Saw these for sale online and decided to make my own. :)
- long nosed pliers
- wire cutters
- bobby pin
- large bead
- Cut a 13" length of wire and place your bead in the center.
- Twist the wire a couple of times right below the bead.
- Straighten the ends again and thread both ends through the loop of the bobby pin.
- Spread the ends apart.
- Start wrapping one end of the wire in a circular motion around the base of the bead.
- Wrap the other end as well.
- And now it's ready to wear!
- See? Enjoy! :)
November 20, 20150 found this helpful
How cute. It looks like a robin's egg.