Making a Dish from Plastic Bottle Neck Rings
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 19, 2019
This is a cute little decorative dish you can make out of the plastic neck rings from bottles. I put mine by the front door for my keys. You can also build it higher with more bottles and make it a full on bowl. This is a fun and simple craft!
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time if painting
- empty plastic bottles
- serrated knife
- oil or Vaseline
- hot glue gun with glue
- paint (optional)
- Use your serrated knife to cut the necks off the bottles.
- Trim any jagged edges with your scissors.
- Grease a bowl with a bit of oil or Vaseline so the hot glue is easy to peel off later.
- Place several bottle caps on the bottom so they make a nice base, then hot glue them together at the edges.
- Now start hot gluing the rings around the edges, working your way up the sides.
- Simply lift the dish out of the greased bowl. You can leave it clear, which is quite pretty too.
- I painted mine and left it to dry for a couple hours.
- Use it as upcycled decor or fill it up!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.