Making a Doll From a Butter or Margarine Tub

Category Containers
Recycled containers are often used in doll making. This is a guide about making a doll from a butter or margarine tub.

Does anyone know how to make them?

By michelle d

Answers

Best Answer

I have made doll/containers from margarine tubs. I bought some of the cheap Barbie doll types and cut them off at the waist. I attached this half-doll after I crocheted a bonnet and a bodice that was enlarged as a skirt to fit the size of the lid, adding a ruffle at the bottom to conceal the edge of the lid. Then, punch holes around the top of the bowl and crochet a flowing skirt. When together, it looks like a whole doll and can stash "stuff" in the bowl.