Making a Felt Cloud Pin
Celebrate the arrival of spring with this cute little felt cloud pin. This is a guide about making a felt cloud pin
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This cute little pin is perfect for the spring and would make a great gift. :)
- felt (dark grey, light grey, white, and blue)
- pin back
- fishing line
- hot glue gun
- Make a cloud template on a piece of cardboard. Cut it out.
- Place the cloud onto another piece of cardboard. Draw around it creating a second cloud that is the same shape but slightly bigger. Cut it out.
- Now place the second cloud onto the cardboard and create a third cloud that is a little bigger than the second one. Cut it out as well.
- Now trace each cloud onto the felt. Make the smallest one white, the middle one light grey, and the largest one dark grey. Cut them out.
- Using the glue gun, adhere the clouds together, largest to smallest.
- Create two small rain drops out of blue felt that are the same size. I chose to freehand them, but you can make a small template instead.
- Take a short length of fishing line and make a thick knot at one end. Put some hot glue on the back of the clouds and stick the knot into the glue, then press the pin back firmly into the glue.
- Create another knot at the other end of the fishing line. Put some glue on the back of one of the rain drops, put the knot into the glue. Then adhere the other rain drop, sandwiching the fishing line in between.
June 22, 20140 found this helpful
This fun felt cloud pin makes a great gift. Learn how to make one with this short video.