Felt Hen With Egg Pin
This cute little felt pin is fun to wear or makes a great gift for a friend who keeps hens or just likes chickens. This is a guide about felt hen with egg pin
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This adorable hen pin is so silly with her little hanging egg. I find that making these pins is a great way to use up the felt scraps that I have from other projects.
- white felt
- red felt
- yellow felt
- yellow embroidery floss
- black embroidery floss
- white embroidery floss
- hot glue gun
- pin back
- thin fishing line
- sewing needle
Download the Template!
- Cut out template pieces. Stick template pieces to felt using rolled pieces of tape. Cut out felt pieces.
- Glue the waddle to the top of the hen.
- Now glue the beak to the hen.
- Use white embroidery floss to attach the wing by stitching the details on.
- Create the eyes using black embroidery floss, by making French knots.
- Tie the end of a piece of yellow embroidery floss, use a needle to bring it through he felt, cut it at desired length, and knot the other end. This will create the legs and feet.
- Cut a short piece of fishing line, sandwich the end between the two egg pieces, and adhere the other end to the back of the hen. Cut a small square of white felt and adhere it to the back of the hen, trimming off any excess around the edges.
- Now glue the pin back to the hen. Allow to dry. Enjoy your new pin!
March 3, 20160 found this helpful
Use colorful felt scraps to make this adorable pin that is great for chicken lovers. Learn how to make it in this short video.
In These Guides