Heart Shaped Pin Crafts

A homemade heart shaped pin makes a thoughtful gift that can be worn all year and especially on Valentine's Day. This is a guide about heart shaped pin crafts.

Using a wooden heart for a backing, this pin shows off your love of sewing!

Approximate Time: 45-60 minutes

Instructions:

1. Hot glue the pin back or magnet to the back of your work. Use the hot setting for this, then turn to cool setting if you have a dual gun.
  2. This makes your paint job easier as you don't have to hold it. If you choose to make it a magnet, put it on a flat tin you can get paint on in case of a slip.
  3. With the color of paint you chose, paint the sides and front twice with Ceramacoat or other type of paint. Very little of this will show, so don't spend too much time thinking about it.
  4. Once dry, use the white glue to put on a small sample of fabric in the middle. It can be anything, but it's nice to match the fabric to the buttons.
  5. Once that is dry, if you have a dual gun, your cooler setting is ready.
    REMEMBER: cool settings are still 260 degrees and can burn your fingers.
  6. Ad

7. Using the gun, arrange the lace, ribbon, and fabrics like I did, or create your own design. Put these on before you do the buttons, so the glue point is covered. I put some safety pins in the lace and on the wood. You can do something similar. If you want to be safe, use the knife or file to hold the fabric down to protect your fingers.
  8. Choose your own buttons or use the ones in the package. I put some spot paint on the dress form because it was so light, I didn't have much color on the left side. You can leave it alone or do something similar. You can even do these spots with permanent markers if you want.
  9. Glue on the rest and let dry.
  10. As with most handcrafted pins, they should not be worn on coats, as they are not "weatherproof".

N-JOY!

For really cute buttons and projects, visit:

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

Use some felt and pearls to create cute flower pins to wear for Valentine's Day.

Approximate Time: about 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Create 2 heart patterns from card stock, with one at least 1/4 smaller than the other.
  2. Ad

3. Cut 5 of the larger size hearts from red felt.
  4. Cut 5 of the smaller hearts from white felt.
  5. Align the point of each white heart to the point of each red heart, and glue white hearts to red hearts.
  6. Pinch together the point of each heart and apply some glue to hold each one in place as shown.
  7. Ad

8. Cut a 2 inch circle from white or red felt for the base, and glue the points of the heart to the center of the circle to create the flower.
  9. Glue loose pearls to the flower center.
  10. Turn flower over and glue on a pin back.
  11. By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

This will delight everyone who loves hearts, who is a "Red Hat Lady", or just the perfect craft for Valentine's Day!

Approximate Time: 1 Hour

Instructions:

1. I used double, so measure out 6 yard of one red, then double it for the red heart, the same for the purple and the same for the red/purple heart in the middle.

2. With hook, chain 2, making a SC (single crochet) in the first chain from hook. Chain 1 and turn.

3. In the same chain one, make a SC in that stitch, and one in each across. Keep doing this till you have a triangle with 10 across.

4. YO (yarn over), and make a HD (half double, is where you could make a double but instead of catching the thread, and pulling it through 2 loops twice, you catch the thread and pull through all three loops), into the 3rd stitch from your hook.

5. Then, make 3 DC's in same stitch, and another HD in same stitch. Connect in 5th stitch, making the first half of your hearts top.

6. Repeat this to make the second half, connecting in the 10th stitch. This makes your second half. Fasten and break off.

Note: When I work with two stands, I always pull one through and then pull them gently together, tying a square knot. This means it won't unravel and then I work in the tail.

7. Now, you have made one heart. Make two more using a solid and the mix, or if you started with the mix, well, you get the idea.

8. I laid my work, once I figured out what I wanted it to look like, on some paper and traced around it. I then cut that out about 1/8 inch smaller all around, and cut that out of felt. You don't want the felt to show, but you need it to be close to the edges.

9. I thought this was a nice way of displaying it.
    However, you can make the mixed on in the back with the two solids up front, or make the bottom points meet for a "fanned" effect.

10. Once you do the felt, simply glue the felt to the hearts and if you are using bottled glue, weigh everything down.
    Using the hot glue gun will cool faster, but I would not press the crocheted work with my hands. Rather, turn it over and press on the felt.

11. Even cool glue can burn, and you don't want anything to ooze through the work, so use it sparingly.

12. Glue the pin back on and the flower, and you have a nice gift for yourself or to give.

Happy Valentines Day!

By Sandi Allen from Yorktown, VA

These cute little heart pins are a perfect gift for your co-workers or any one you would like to say "Be my Valentine" too. They are quick and easy and could easily be made up for a party gift or be made for the residents of a nursing home for Valentine's Day.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Create these easy Valentine pins for family and friends.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a great way to use broken jewelry, earrings that you now only have one of, charms, beads, buttons, etc. They make great Valentine gifts too.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Show your passion, wear your heart on your sleeve. I made these as Valentines and everyone loved them.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a crocheted heart angel. Crocheted hearts in varying sizes can be joined to form a cute angel motif.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes