Making a Felt Popsicle Color Matching Game
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 2, 2015
These cute felt Popsicles are a great tool for teaching your toddler their colors. They also work well for pretend play!
- felt (various colors)
- coordinating embroidery floss
- sewing needle
- large wood craft sticks
- hot glue gun
- Draw a template onto thin cardboard. Cut out the template and stick them to the felt using rolled pieces of tape.
- Cut out two (2) main pieces, two (2) top pieces, and 1 small square.
- Pin the top pieces into place on one of the main pieces. Sew in place using embroidery floss (3 strands) and a backstitch.
- Pin the 2 main pieces together. Leave enough room to insert the Popsicle stick into the bottom of the Popsicles. Sew the main pieces together using embroidery floss and a backstitch.
- Stitch up the backs of the Popsicle, using a running stitch, on either side of the stick. This will help keep the stick from moving around too much.
- Use hot glue to attach the small square to one end of the popsicle stick.
- Insert the stick into the Popsicle of the matching color. Optional: You can write the color names on the other side of the sticks for older kids.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.