Making a Foam Pumpkin Faux Cactus
Read More Comments
Who would guess that this awesome cactus is actually made out of a foam pumpkin? With a few simple supplies, you can make this faux cactus to enjoy all year!
- 6 inch foam pumpkin
- light green acrylic paint
- dark green acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- white headed pins
- fake flowers
- hot glue gun
- clay pot
- clear coat spray paint
- Start by painting the pumpkin with the light green paint. Allow paint to dry.
- Add additional coats of paint as needed, allowing each coat to dry completely.
- Using a fine tipped paint brush and dark green paint, paint lines along the grooves in the pumpkin.
- Spray the pumpkin with clear coat. I applied 3 coats.
- Remove the flowers from the stem and then cut off the excess plastic at the base of the flower. See photo below.
- Apply hot glue to the back of the flower and attach it to the side of the stem.
- Continue attaching the flowers around the stem and then place one on the top of the stem.
- Add the pins to the pumpkin, for the spines of the cactus. Stagger them for a more realistic look.
- Work your way around the pumpkin until all of the spines are in place.
- Place the cactus into the pot and enjoy!
Create this cute faux cactus by recycling a foam pumpkin. Learn how to make it in this short video.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.