Making a Gymnastics Themed Glass Block
A easily personalized gift for your favorite gymnast. This is a guide about making a gymnastics themed glass block
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This glass block is the perfect gift for friends or family! You can buy them online for about $25 or make your own far cheaper and with a little bit of time.
Total Time: 15 minutes-1 hour
Yield: 1 glass block
Hobby Lobby on-line has several of these supplies.
- 1 8x8 inch glass block with an open hole at the top (5$)
- 1/2 spool of ribbon, in your choice of color, that is 2" wide, one spool of ribbon will make 2 glass blocks (2-5$)
- 1 hot glue gun and plenty of refill glue sticks (5$ if you don't have already)
- packages of name stickers and other letter stickers: I used (vanilla glitter chipboard letters and stickers from Hobby Lobby, but you can do any size/color (10$)
- 1 package of 100-count white Christmas string lights, needs to be plug in, NOT battery operated (1$)
- 1/4 can of frosted glass spray (5$)
- Clean the inside and outside of your glass block.
- Spray the front and back of the glass block with the frosted spray can. Let dry.
- Plug in the Christmas lights to be sure they work.
- Insert the lights through the hole.
- Stick on your name stickers. If they are a gymnast, write gymnast/gymnastics, flip, jump, vault, beam, bar, etc. in a different colors/smaller type of letters. If a soccer player, use kick, soccer, play, etc.
- Add decorative stickers: If they are a gymnast use gymnast stickers, if a soccer player use soccer stickers
- Hot glue the ribbon to your glass box, making sure to leave an open space were the light slot is.
- Tie a bow at the top!