Making a Gymnastics Themed Glass Block
This glass block is the perfect gift for friends or family! You can buy them online for about $25 or make your own far cheaper and with a little bit of time.
Total Time: 15 minutes-1 hour
Yield: 1 glass block
Hobby Lobby on-line has several of these supplies.
- 1 8x8 inch glass block with an open hole at the top (5$)
- 1/2 spool of ribbon, in your choice of color, that is 2" wide, one spool of ribbon will make 2 glass blocks (2-5$)
- 1 hot glue gun and plenty of refill glue sticks (5$ if you don't have already)
- packages of name stickers and other letter stickers: I used (vanilla glitter chipboard letters and stickers from Hobby Lobby, but you can do any size/color (10$)
- 1 package of 100-count white Christmas string lights, needs to be plug in, NOT battery operated (1$)
- 1/4 can of frosted glass spray (5$)
- Clean the inside and outside of your glass block.
- Spray the front and back of the glass block with the frosted spray can. Let dry.
- Plug in the Christmas lights to be sure they work.
- Insert the lights through the hole.
- Stick on your name stickers. If they are a gymnast, write gymnast/gymnastics, flip, jump, vault, beam, bar, etc. in a different colors/smaller type of letters. If a soccer player, use kick, soccer, play, etc.
- Add decorative stickers: If they are a gymnast use gymnast stickers, if a soccer player use soccer stickers
- Hot glue the ribbon to your glass box, making sure to leave an open space were the light slot is.
- Tie a bow at the top!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.