Making a Honey-Do Memo Board
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
September 15, 2016
I always have lot of things that I could use my husband's help with, but I really needed a centralized location to list them all out. I came up with this idea of a honey-do memo board after I saw the honeycomb scrapbooking paper at the store!
- 12 x 12 picture frame
- honeycomb scrapbooking paper
- black scrapbooking paper
- yellow scrapbooking paper
- semi-transparent scrapbooking paper
- honey bee template (see link)
- pencil and eraser
- glue stick
- Scotch tape
- double stick tape
- sticker letters
- thin beading wire
- wire cutters
- paper cutter, optional
- Cut out template pieces.
- Trace wing template with a pencil. Cut them out and use an eraser to remove any pencil marks. Set them aside.
- Trace the bee body and cut out.
- Trace the stripes and cut them out. Apply glue to the back of the stripes.
- Glue the stripes onto the bee body. Note: The stripes will overhang the body.
- Use scissors to trim of the overhanging part of each stripe.
- Apply glue to the wings and attach them to the body.
- Trim off the edge of the paper that has writing on it, if necessary.
- Lay the glass from the picture frame onto the back of the paper, trace with a pencil, and trim off any excess paper.
- Put the paper into the frame and put the frame back together.
- Use a pencil to mark where the wire will be inserted for the antennae. Lay the bee onto the foam sheet (optional) and use a pin to punch holes.
- Cut a length of wire and bend it as shown below. Then insert it into the holes, from the back.
- Cut off excess wire, to achieve the desired length. Then apply a small piece of tape to the back to hold the wire in place.
- Apply the sticker letters. Use a ruler to keep the letters straight.
- Apply double-stick tape to the back of the bee, then attach it to the memo board. Hang it up and add your honey do's!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.