Making a Magnetic Spice Rack

We have a small apartment and very little cabinet space.
Does anyone know how I can make a spice rack that is magnetized and can be hung on the side of the refrigerator? It could be three long racks. This would free up so much space in my kitchen cabinet.

By Donna

Use tins to put your spices in, then simply put three strong strips of magnet on your fridge. The tins will be up and out of your way in a flash! You can get mini tins with or without see through windows in them through the restaurant supply stores or search online.

I recommend you get the kind with a screw on top. Pulling the top off a container with spices inside can sometimes be a bit messy.

Get a metal magnetic plate and attach it to your wall. Take new test tubes and small corks to close the test tubes.

You'll have just enough spice in each tube to last awhile and put magnets on test tubes with hot glue. You can also use baby food jars or smaller.

Cost Plus World Market and other places sell small round metal containers with magnetic bottoms and clear or solid screw tops. You could stick them right onto your fridge, I think!

I had a friend who loves to cook and bake who was in the same boat - lots of spices (etc) but too little room. So I searched the internet for Do It Yourself home spice racks and listed all the ideas on a single page (here's the url: pinterest.com/.../ )

If you find an image you like, just click and it will enlarge the picture and if you click the picture again it will take you directly to the original website that has the How-To instructions.

Hope this helps!
~CraftyWitch~