Making a Mason Jar Match Dispenser
Keep your matches dry and prevent them from spilling out with this handy dispenser. This is a guide about making a mason jar match dispenser
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This Mason jar match dispenser is sturdier than those cardboard boxes they come in. You could even decorate the jar to disguise what's inside.
- large box of matches
- Mason jar with lid and ring
- craft knife
- cutting mat
- Slide the cover off of the match box and flatten it out. Use the lid as a template, centered over the striker section of the box, and trace around it. Then cut it out. Note: Go ahead and cut out additional striker lids before disposing of the box.
- On the back side, draw a small square for dispensing the matches. Use a craft knife to cut it out.
- Fill the jar with matches.
- Insert the striker piece into the lid ring and screw it onto the jar.
- Gently shake the jar to dispense a match and use the striker lid to light it.
February 3, 20164 found this helpful
Here is an attractive way to store matches using a jelly sized mason jar. Learn how to make it in this short video.