Making a Monogram Gift Bag

Category Gift Bags
Transform a plain gift bag into a monogram bag using a paper doily, paper, and and a chipboard letter. Step by step instructions follow.

Gift bags start at only $1, but they could be more depending on the size, print/pattern, or character. However it's sometimes not worth going out to buy just a gift bag because that's time and gas plus it's a generic bag.

Here's my "go to" gift bag that I make if the gift item fits in a bag I have on hand and it's very easy, quick, and only cost me a few pennies!

I have never really had to buy gift bags because I just recycle bags I get from shopping bags, grocery stores (brown bags), or make my own gift bags with boxes.

The main item you'll need for this project:

- Round paper doilies in 3 assorted sizes, 32-ct at Dollar Tree for $1! For this gift bag I made, I needed 2 paper doilies, one for each side, so that only cost me 6 cents! Now you're left with 30 more paper doilies for future gift bags or craft projects.

Total Time: 15 minutes

• 2 paper doilies
  • glue stick
  • circular item to trace
  • scissors
  • paper
  • chipboard letter piece
  • pen
  • recycled paper bag

1. Once you found a bag that fits your gift. Find the paper dolly that will best fit/cover the logo as much as you can. I used the smallest paper doily size and glued one on the front and one on the back of the bag.
  2. Advertisement

3. Trace a circular object (I traced a salt container) onto a sheet of teal lined notepad. I found this suitable and cute because this gift bag is for my son's teacher. You will need 2 circles, one for the front and one for the back since the logo is the same on both sides. This will vary depending on whether your bag has logos on both sides.
  4. Glue the circles down.
  5. I have these chipboard letters that I bought at Big Lots awhile ago and never used. I found 2 of the same letters of my son's teacher's name "W" and glued it in the center. If you don't have any letters or letter sticks, you could freehand draw it out on paper and cut it out to glue down! Optional: You can decorate more with buttons, beads, or stickers, but I like the simplicity of the bag and kept it as is!
  6. Advertisement

Crafts Gifts Gift BagsMarch 10, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻