Making a No-Sew Tin Can Pincushion

Category Other
An easy project that recycles a can and creates a pin cushion to have handy for all your sewing and craft needs. This is a page about no sew tin can pincushion.

I've been needing a pincushion for sewing and thought I could probably make it with supplies I already had. It was simple and quick, and it works wonderfully! I was pleased with the fact that I re-purposed the can into something else.

Total Time: About 20 minutes

• 1 small tin can, from tuna, chiles, etc.
  • scrap paper
  • glue
  • scrap piece of material
  • pillow stuffing or batting
  • glue gun
  • scissors

1. Take the wrapper off of your can. Measure the width of your can and cut a strip to cover the outside. Use glue, a glue stick, or modge podge to apply the paper. Let dry.
  2. Advertisement

3. Get a handful of pillow stuffing or batting. Make a ball out of it.
  4. Cut a strip from your fabric to tie the fabric around the batting.
  5. Wrap your fabric around the batting. Tie it tightly with your strip of fabric. Cut the excess fabric off.
  6. Put a bunch of hot glue on the inside of your can. Put the pincushion into the can, pushing it in as much as possible.
  7. Advertisement

8. Enjoy your new pincushion!

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherDecember 14, 2015
😷
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-No-Sew-Tin-Can-Pincushion.html