Making a Paint Can Pincushion

Category Crochet
If space is at a premium in your craft area, try adding a pincushion to the lid of a can of spray paint. This is a guide about making a paint can pincushion.

I don't have much room on my work table, so today while making a wreath, I needed a place to stick a needle. I thought of setting my pin cushion on top of the paint can, then thought it needs one of it's own.

With two strands and a larger hook, I simply chained 4, and made 13 more double crochets in the first chain from hook. Then I joined, secured tail, and hot glued it onto the top.

Your work time is about 3 minutes. Now I don't have to get up and walk across the room to get a second pin cushion.

Source: I need to not overuse my hip or knees, so this really helped.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Top Comment

That's a very clever idea! I can sympathize with you about the hips & knees; I had a hip replacement last year, & my right knee needs it too. The doctor says I have to lose a lot of weight first, though! I look for ways to save steps all the time. Thumbs up!