Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
This adorable ribbon ring would make a great craft for kids and would be a fun accessory to wear with almost any outfit. This is a page about making a paper clip ribbon ring
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This ring is super easy to make! With a mere paper clip and scrap of ribbon, you can have a fun new ring:)
Total Time: Under 20 minutes
- 1 standard sized paper clip
- tiny amount of ribbon
- glue gun
- round needle nosed pliers
- mandrel or other round object
- long jewelry pliers
- Unfold your paper clip. Using a mandrel or other round object, wrap your paper clip around the bottom, ends even.
- Remove from mandrel, curl ends with your pliers.
- Using pliers, flatten your coils.
- Depending on the size bow you want, cut a 3 1/2" length of ribbon. Fold in half, ends overlapping slightly, staple.
- Now cut a 1 1/2" length of ribbon. Wrap this around the center of your bow, glue the underside together.
- Squeeze your coils close, glue your finished bow to your prepared paper clip.
- Leave as is, or you could choose to glue a small button or gem to the top.:)
January 3, 20161 found this helpful
Good idea. You could attach a multitude of different things to this ring instead of a bow.
you could also thread your ribbon through the little circles and tie a bow straight onto it