Making a Penny Spinner
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 1, 2019
Before you toss out any food/box packaging, you could make this penny top spinner. This craft/toy is essentially free and fun for the entire family!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- thin cardboard box
- colored paper
- glue stick
- X-acto knife
- Trace a circular object on your cardboard box.
- Cut circle out. (Since I made two spinners for each child, I traced 2 - you will only need to trace the cardboard box once)
- Optional - Trace circular object again on colored paper to cover the cardboard packaging. Cut out and glue the pieces together.
- Using an eX-acto knife, cut out a slit in the center of the circle (smaller than the penny just a tad and slide penny into place).
- Decorate spinner if you want and it is ready to play with!
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
November 17, 2016
When the kids are out of school, sometimes it is hard to keep them occupied. They seem to become bored very easily, even with all of the electronic gadgets. If you want a very easy craft that will entertain younger children, this spinner is perfect! The entire family can make them and then challenge each other! Who will get their spinner to go the fastest? Who will get theirs to spin longer? Can you make your spinner bump other ones out of spinning? With this craft, your child will have something fun to do and the family can spend quality time together.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.