When the kids are out of school, sometimes it is hard to keep them occupied. They seem to become bored very easily, even with all of the electronic gadgets. If you want a very easy craft that will entertain younger children, this spinner is perfect! The entire family can make them and then challenge each other! Who will get their spinner to go the fastest? Who will get theirs to spin longer? Can you make your spinner bump other ones out of spinning? With this craft, your child will have something fun to do and the family can spend quality time together.
Total Time: 5-10 minutes, depending on how long it takes to decorate
Link: Click here to watch a short video of the spinner in action!
- 2 pennies
- markers or crayons
- 1 box cutter or craft knife
- white poster board
- Lay's or Pringles potato chip lid
- Trace the chip lid on the poster board and cut out the circles.
- Decorate the circles with markers or crayons. This will be your top side.
- Use the box cutter or knife to cut a thin one-inch slit in the center of the circles. Insert a penny into each slit. The thinner it is, the better the penny will stay in. Make sure the penny is not leaning or the spinner won't work as well.
- Now, place you thumb and index fingers on the penny, twist it, and let go!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!