Making a Pineapple Gift Jar
These pineapple gift jars are a creative way to give small gifts to family and friends. This is a page about making a pineapple gift jar
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My daughter made this cute gift jar, filled with candy, for her friend's birthday.
- mason jar
- yellow acrylic paint
- black acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- green scrapbooking paper
- candy or other small gifts
- Clean the jar and dry it. Then begin painting it with yellow paint. Allow paint to dry between each coat.
- Apply numerous coats for thorough coverage. (I recommend 3-5 thin, even coats.)
- Paint small "v" shapes around the jar, as shown below.
- If desired, add accent marks to the "v" shapes for dimension.
- Cut paper as shown below. I chose to use light and a dark green paper.
- Roll one piece of paper into a tube and insert it into the opening of the jar, then add the second paper in the same way. Now curl each point, as shown below.
- Small candies are perfect for filling this jar. Enjoy!
Pineapples are a symbol of hospitality and these cute jars would make a perfect hostess gift. Learn how to make it in this short video.