Making a Post-It Note Holder
These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers; the kids can make it themselves. Best of all, they are quick and inexpensive to create. The 4x6 inch frames can be found at most dollar stores.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 4 x 6 acrylic frame
- scrapbook paper
- scrap pieces of ribbon
- sticky notes
- double stick tape
- craft glue
- Use the paper insert from the frame as a pattern to cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the frame.
- Insert scrapbook paper into frame.
- Apply two strips of double stick tape to the back of the sticky notes and press in place on the frame.
- Cut a scrap piece of ribbon 5 1/4 inches long and glue around frame near the top.
- Create a rosette from a gathered piece of ribbon. (I created one from a 7-inch piece of 1 1/2 inch wide ribbon. Simply fold the ribbon in half lengthwise and hand sew a gathering stitch along the long unfolded edge. Pull the thread to gather up the ribbon, stitch the ends together, and tie off the thread.)
- Glue a rhinestone, button, or other embellishment to the center of the rosette.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.