Making a Post-It Note Holder
A fun and practical craft to make for your home, office, or even to give as a gift is a handmade Post-It-Note holder. This is a page about making a Post-It-Note holder.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These would make great Christmas gifts for teachers; the kids can make it themselves. Best of all, they are quick and inexpensive to create. The 4x6 inch frames can be found at most dollar stores.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 4 x 6 acrylic frame
- scrapbook paper
- scrap pieces of ribbon
- sticky notes
- double stick tape
- craft glue
- Use the paper insert from the frame as a pattern to cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the frame.
- Insert scrapbook paper into frame.
- Apply two strips of double stick tape to the back of the sticky notes and press in place on the frame.
- Cut a scrap piece of ribbon 5 1/4 inches long and glue around frame near the top.
- Create a rosette from a gathered piece of ribbon. (I created one from a 7-inch piece of 1 1/2 inch wide ribbon. Simply fold the ribbon in half lengthwise and hand sew a gathering stitch along the long unfolded edge. Pull the thread to gather up the ribbon, stitch the ends together, and tie off the thread.)
- Glue a rhinestone, button, or other embellishment to the center of the rosette.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
December 19, 20110 found this helpful
Very clever idea! These would make nice little gifts also. Bravo!