Making a Pot O' Gold Piggy Bank
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
March 5, 2019
This is a fun and thrifty piggy bank to make out of Popsicle sticks, glue, and a plastic jar. You can use the rainbow as a chute to drop your coins into your pot of gold. It will be fun to save, and easy to twist open when it's full!
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 1 bank
- 1 plastic jar with lid
- black paint
- coloured Popsicle sticks
- hot glue gun with glue
- hot knife
- gold glitter
- Paint the insides of the jar black.
- While it's drying, you can start on the rest of the details.
- Cut a Popsicle stick in half.
- Lay out some Popsicle sticks side by side in the rainbow colour order. Hot glue the short piece of stick on them to hold them together.
- Warm up your hot knife and cut a slot into the top of the plastic lid.
- You'll want the slot wide enough so the rainbow chute fits inside of it, but still have enough space that coins can fall through after it's inserted.
- Add blobs of hot glue to the lid around the slot.
- Sprinkle with gold glitter.
- Place the rainbow chute inside the slot at a diagonal, then hot glue a tiny piece of Popsicle stick behind it to prop it up.
- It's ready for your coins. What a cute way to save!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.