Making a Travel Fund Airplane Piggy Bank

Category Containers
Piggy banks actually come in a variety of shapes and sizes, not all are the traditional pig. Try this project that reuses an empty vitamin bottle to make an airplane bank to save money for your travel plans.

Do you have an empty vitamin bottle? Don't toss it out! You can upcycle your vitamin bottle into a piggy bank.

Some ideas of what you can make:
- pig
- lion
- cat
- dog
- worm
- car

The possibilities are endless!

I decided to make my piggy bank into an airplane and this piggy bank will serve like a "travel fund". You can stuff bills in the opening. You can apply this same concept to other containers like milk or water bottles (or the gallon ones).

Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time

• vitamin container
  • scissors
  • hot glue
  • paint/paint brush
  • tape
  • craft sticks
  • water bottle cap

1. Using an empty vitamin container, peel off the sticker for a clean surface.
  2. Advertisement

3. I went with an airplane theme (blue) so I painted the vitamin cap with this True Blue acrylic paint. Set aside and allow to dry.
  4. Using scrap paper, I practiced and freehanded the airplane wings. Once you achieved the wings you like, you can cut them out from the color paper you wish to use. Crease a little on the wings to attach onto the vitamin container.
  5. With a strip of paper, roll into tube, to create the airplane's turbine engines. You will need two.
  6. Advertisement

7. Tape on the wings. I also freehand the airplane's tail and taped it on.
  8. For the airplane's propeller, I used craft sticks, a water bottle cap and secured in place with hot glue. I also taped on the airplane's turbine engines.
  9. For finishing touches, cut circles and a long oval for the windows of the airplane.

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersJune 16, 2020
🌻
🐛
🎆
😎
😷
👔