ContainersRecycled Crafts

Travel Fund - Airplane Piggy Bank

Do you have an empty vitamin bottle? Don't toss it out! You can upcycle your vitamin bottle into a piggy bank.

Some ideas of what you can make:

- pig
- lion
- cat
- dog
- worm
- car

The possibilities are endless!

I decided to make my piggy bank into an airplane and this piggy bank will serve like a "travel fund". You can stuff bills in the opening. You can apply this same concept to other containers like milk or water bottles (or the gallon ones).

Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time

1. Using an empty vitamin container, peel off the sticker for a clean surface.
  2. I went with an airplane theme (blue) so I painted the vitamin cap with this True Blue acrylic paint. Set aside and allow to dry.
  3. Using scrap paper, I practiced and freehanded the airplane wings. Once you achieved the wings you like, you can cut them out from the color paper you wish to use. Crease a little on the wings to attach onto the vitamin container.
  4. With a strip of paper, roll into tube, to create the airplane's turbine engines. You will need two.
  5. Tape on the wings. I also freehand the airplane's tail and taped it on.
  6. For the airplane's propeller, I used craft sticks, a water bottle cap and secured in place with hot glue. I also taped on the airplane's turbine engines.
  7. For finishing touches, cut circles and a long oval for the windows of the airplane.

Awww it's adorable!

Thank you! :)