Making a Quillow

Category Quilting
This clever combination of a pillow and quilt, that stores inside, was quite popular at craft shows several years ago. This is a guide about making a quillow.

I remember seeing at Arts and Crafts a pillow that you could open up and it was then a blanket or throw for a chair or couch. Any ideas on how to make one?

By Cathy from TX

Answers

Best Answer

I know them as "quillows". Basically it is a quilt or a blanket with a pocket sewn on the back bottom center. When the quillow is folded in 1/3 long ways and then &frac; on the last fold it is stuffed into the pocket. The Pocket's size is 1/3 the width and 1/4 the length

Best Answer

If you crochet its a booklet called "Pillow Pocket Afghan" # 981002 from the Needlcraft Shop in TX, ebay has this booklet, Some call them Pillow-ghans.I have made it & we love it, also I have made from Annie's Attic Foot-Pocket Throws # 876517. I hope this helps

There is a rag quilt and there is a quillow. I'd like directions for a rag quillow. I have looked for directions/pattern for rag quillow, but I can't find one. If anyone has directions or pattern for a rag quillow I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

By judy allen from IN

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

There are quite a few sites about making Quillows and I would asume it's the same steps for making a Rag Quillow as it is for any other type of fabric Quillow. The third link is a printable pdf.

www.straw.com/.../quillows.html

www.sewvac1.com/.../fleecequillow.htm

www.capitalquilts.com/.../makeaquillow.pdf