Making a Recycled Barbie Bed
Doll furniture can be pricey. You can make your own using recycled and repurposed items found around your home. This is a guide about making a recycled Barbie bed
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy craft to do if you have girls who love Barbies.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- small cereal box
- duct tape of your color choice
- 4 pencils
- extra cardboard
- marker (tracing)
- Cover your 4 pencils with duct tape of the same colour as your bed unless you want different. These will be your bed legs.
- Then using your extra cardboard cut out a headboard and foot board use your cereal box as a guide for measuring. Cover them in duct tape.
- Then cut a piece of material big enough so you have excess around the sides of your cereal box.
- Secure the fabric around three sides of your cereal box with duct tape.
- Stuff the last side with stuffing for your mattress, then cover with duct tape.
- Attach your head board and foot board with duct tape to your box.
- Then attach your pencils with duct tape to each corner for legs.
- Then go around the sides of your bed with duct tape you want to decorate with.
- Add a piece of fabric for a blanket, and pillows. Then your done.
By Coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
In This Guide