Making a Shadow Box with a Soup Theme

Category Kitchen
Fill the compartments in a pre-made shadowbox with a variety of soup related items, including multi-bean soup mix or pasta, and any cute embellishments that complete the theme for a fun kitchen decoration.

I have been trying to find the time to finish this for weeks. Today was the day!

Total Time: 2.5 hours

Yield: 1

• 1 8.5 inch shadow box ($0.99)
  • piece of Plexiglass the same size ($4.00)
  • 3 cups soup mixes ($1.69)
  • 6 embellishments ($2.00)
  • hot glue gun
  • 8 buttons and scrap ribbon ($.25)
  • scissors

1. Place your embellishments where you want them. Once they are glued, there is no going back.
  2. Advertisement

3. Once they are glued in place, you can then add your soup mixes. I chose 13 bean and pea soup, and pasta for a contrasting color and texture.
    Then cut your ribbon lengths and glue to the sides. Keep it taut as your glue cools.
  4. Once the glue is dried on the ribbons, turn the whole thing over and glue them to the back. They don't have to be the same length, just trim the excess ribbon.
  5. I wanted to put something in the 8 glue spots that was "kitcheny" our "soupy" but I didn't have anything. So, ribbon and buttons it was!! Glue them onto the 8 spots that has glue under the glass and you are done.
  6. I am not going to hang this, but if you want, nail one of those picture hangers on the back. N-JOY!!
  7. Advertisement

Crafts Home Decor KitchenMarch 4, 2020
😎
🐛
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Shadow-Box-with-a-Soup-Theme.html