Making a Simple Plaster of Paris Hand Keyholder
Use this easy to make plaster hand to hold keys or other items. It makes a great conversation piece or gift. This is a page about making a simple plaster of paris hand keyholder
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 18, 2016
This is a super simple, easy, and innovative keyholder or decorative item made of plaster of paris.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet of plaster of paris 0.5 kg
- 1 disposable rubber glove
- water mug/ bucket
- Take the disposable rubber glove and stretch its opening nicely.
Now in a mug or small bucket mix the plaster of paris. The ratio should be 2 parts of powder to 1 part of water. Add the powder to the water slowly and keep stirring continuously to prevent lump formation.
- Now slowly pour the PoP mixture into the glove. Make sure it goes in all the fingers and there are no obstructions.
- Make a knot at the top and now leave the filled glove to solidify. PoP normally takes 20-30 minutes to solidify. I hung the glove using a clothespin. Make sure the glove is hung straight and is not tilted (so that the base of the hand is horizontal).
- After it has dried and solidified, using scissors slowly cut away the rubber glove and voila! your hand is done! You can use it as a showpiece or as a keystand like I use it!
June 19, 20160 found this helpful
Fun, thanks for sharing!
June 23, 20160 found this helpful