Making a Spa Towel Wrap
You can make your own spa style towel wrap easily at home and save money as well. This is a page about making a spa towel wrap.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's easy to turn a bath towel into a spa wrap. This project can be completed in about two hours. Just be sure the towel is long enough to wrap around you with some overlap.
Approximate Time: About 2 hours
- large towel of your choice
- matching thread
- sewing machine
- straight pins
- one-inch wide elastic
- bias tape to match towel
- three-inch Velcro strip
- Wash and dry towel before beginning the project. Wrap bath towel around you to determine if width and length need to be reduced. I cut about 3 inches off the short side and 12 inches off the long side.
- Use sewing machine to zigzag stitch along raw edges of towel to keep it from raveling. Sew a strip of bias tape along the short edge since this will overlap in front. It makes a nicer finished edge.
- Measure around your bust to determine the length to cut your elastic.
- Create a casing for the upper elastic band by folding over top of towel and sewing a 1 1/2 inch seam.
- With a safety pin attached to your elastic, work the elastic through your casing, and anchor elastic in place with sewing machine.
- Take the 3-inch strip that was cut from the towel edge and cut it in half for the straps. (If you do not need to cut away any excess from the bath towel, you may use a matching hand towel to create the straps.)
- Stitch strap strips along long edges, with right sides together, using a 1/4 inch seam. Turn each tube inside out.
- Sew along the open end of each tube.
- Wrap towel around you to determine placement of straps, and pin them in place.
- Use sewing machine to attach straps.
- Sew on some Velcro, about 3 inches long, where the towel overlaps to hold it in place. Sew the soft side of the Velcro to the inside of one end of the towel and the teeth side on the top of the opposite end so that it matches and lines up.
- If desired, you can applique an initial or design on the front flap of the towel using fabric, fabric stabilizer, and a sewing machine to applique around the edges.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.