Making an Eye Patch for a Damaged Stuffed Animal

If you are looking for a creative way to repair a stuffy that has lost an eye, this may be the solution. This is a guide about making an eye patch for a stuffed animal.

My son's beloved lobster, Larry, recently lost his eye after our dog found him all alone in the living room. :) In an effort to make him more comfortable with his injury I made him an eye patch.

• cardboard (for template)
  • black felt
  • black embroidery floss
  • sewing needle
  • scissors

1. If necessary, sew the eye hole shut with embroidery floss. (I made an "x" where his eye used to be, like they do in cartoons.)
  2. Create a template using a thin cardboard. Cut it out.
  3. Use the template to cut out 2 felt shapes. Sew them together with embroidery floss, using a backstitch.
  4. Attach the eye patch to the stuffed animals. I used small stitches around the outside of the patch, to hold it securely. Then I used long stitches in the corners, to give it the appearance of having a strap.

Videos

If you have a beloved stuffed animal that loses an eye, an eye patch might be the best solution. Learn how in this short video.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes