Making a Sun Goddess Headdress
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 24, 2018
This is an extremely easy and super thrifty way to make a beautiful headdress that will make you look kine you're shining! All you need is a thin headband, some zip ties, and gold paint. I added some glitter for extra pizzazz!
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
Yield: 1 headdress
- 1 thin headband
- 9 medium length zip ties
- 30 short zip ties
- copper or gold spray paint
- gold glitter
- Tie 1 medium length zip tie to the middle of the headband.
- You will add 3 short ones to both sides of it to begin the pattern.
- To make things go faster, it's nice to semi zip each tie and just loop them onto the headband, then fasten them tight.
- Keep going until you've used all your zip ties, following the 1-medium 3-short pattern. Make sure your zip ties all face one way for uniformity's sake.
- Give it a good coating of spray paint.
- While it's still wet, add some gold glitter to the stems, if desired.
- To really make it pop (and to not let fallen glitter go to waste), add a couple blobs of glue to the tips of the zip ties.
- Dip glue in the excess glitter from earlier. Let it dry.
- Repeat painting on other side and allow to dry.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.