Making a Valentine's Day Checkers Game
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 28, 2019
This is a fun way to make a Valentine's Day checker board. I got these little heart pieces from the dollar shop. This would be sweet to create as a team on a date. You paint the squares in from one side, and they paint them in from the other. Meet in the middle, let dry, and play!
Total Time: 90 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 1 board
- large red card stock sheet
- paper cutter or scissors
- black paint
- red and white heart pieces
- Depending on how many game pieces you use (and how big the pieces are), it's a good idea to map out how many squares in what sizes you'd like on your board. I drew a rough draft on a piece of scrap paper before I measured the card stock.
- I wanted my board to be 8" x 8" (one square inch per game piece) so I marked the paper accordingly, then I cut it with a paper cutter.
- Mark the paper at each inch going horizontally, then draw lines straight across.
- Mark the paper at each inch going vertically, then draw lines straight down.
- Paint every other square black until you have a checkered pattern.
- Allow board to dry fully.
- Load up the black squares on each side with your heart pieces and enjoy your game.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.