Making a Vintage Lace Brooch

I saw one of these in a store and loved it so much I rushed home to copy it - you can make it in any color you want. Don't forget to scout out thrift stores for trims, etc. finished pearl brooch

Approximate Time: under an hour

Instructions:

1. Form lace trim into a small circle then continue around to make two rows. Tack in place. Knot thread and bring up at center of lace "flower."
  2. Thread large pearl (knot end) and sew in place securely in center of flower.
  3. Thread 7 smaller beads onto thread. Circle them around large pearl and sew securely in place.
  4. Place pin through a 1 inch circle of felt. With back of pin in center of brooch face down glue in place.

Here I placed mine on a crocheted bag I made. You can put it on a cardigan or in your ponytail - whatever. Makes an awesome gift! pinned to purse

By Carol Young from Landisville, PA

Crafts JewelryDecember 22, 2016
🌻
👔
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Vintage-Lace-Brooch.html