Making a Vintage Lace Brooch
This lacy vintage style brooch will go great with just about any outfit. This is a page about making a vintage lace brooch
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I saw one of these in a store and loved it so much I rushed home to copy it - you can make it in any color you want. Don't forget to scout out thrift stores for trims, etc.
Approximate Time: under an hour
- 1/4 yard lace trim
- 1 - 1/2 inch faux pearl
- 7 - 1/4 inch faux pearls
- small safety or jewelry pin back
- small scrap felt
- thread to match trim
- Form lace trim into a small circle then continue around to make two rows. Tack in place. Knot thread and bring up at center of lace "flower."
- Thread large pearl (knot end) and sew in place securely in center of flower.
- Thread 7 smaller beads onto thread. Circle them around large pearl and sew securely in place.
- Place pin through a 1 inch circle of felt. With back of pin in center of brooch face down glue in place.
Here I placed mine on a crocheted bag I made. You can put it on a cardigan or in your ponytail - whatever. Makes an awesome gift!
By Carol Young from Landisville, PA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.