Making a Wall Calendar

Category Paper
Monthly wall calendars are fun to make for yourself or as a thoughtful gift. This is a guide about making a wall calendar.

I am making a calendar; it will have 7 a4 pages, the front and six double sides for the twelve months. I do not want a spiral. I do want to turn the pages over and hang it up. I was thinking of putting two holes at the top of each page, but it does not look right with just a cord through the holes. Can you suggest anything else?

Answers

Best Answer

You could hole punch 2 holes at the top of your calendar pages. Then, use (2) Metal Hinged Snap Rings. Then from there thread a ribbon and tie up to hang. Every time you need to switch the month, loosen the ribbon and flip it.

Put a fancy ring in each hole and then thread a leather cord through. It will look more professional

Do the rings as Judy suggested or do several holes and weave through the top, but fold under the weaving.

Since you are putting the holes at the top of your pages - just remember that each month you will have to undo the cords (or whatever) to be able to turn the pages - true?

I usually use plain metal shower curtain rings (easy to undo and usually lay flat) and since I am not really very fancy, I use one of the colorful shoe laces (they have some neat looking ones now and I can get them in many lengths for how low I want my calender to hang.
I'm sure you can find a neat looking cord at any craft store or sewing department.