Making A Desk Calendar
Making a functional, as well as decorative, desk calendar is a fun project that can be accomplished using a variety of craft types or software programs. This is a page about making a desk calendar
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Create a seasonal calendar using card stock and rubber stamps.
Approximate Time: 1 hour or more depending on experience
- card stock in white and assorted colors
- stamp set and coordinating inks
- paper cutter
- glitter glue (if desired)
Season of Friendship calendar tutorial:
- Trim 1 1/2 inches from the "long" side of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of Whisper white card stock.
Final size will be 7 x 11 inches.
- Score at 5 1/2 inches to make a fold. This is the base.
- Cut 4 base pieces from colored card stock, of your choice, into 4 x 5 1/4 inch pieces.
- I used the following colors:
Pool Party for winter (January-March)
Melon Mambo for spring (April-June)
Real red for summer (July-September)
More Mustard for fall (August-December)
- Cut 4 pieces 2 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches each using the same colors above for the calendar mounting.
You will have 2 pieces of each color, one measuring 4 x 5 1/4 and one measuring 2 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches each, for a total of 8 pieces of colored card stock.
- Cut 4 pieces of Whisper white into 3 3/4 x 5 inch pieces.
- Use a sponge dauber to apply a coordinating color to each edge of the small pieces of white.
Island Indigo for winter (January-March)
Regal rose for spring (April-June)
Garden Green for summer (July-September)
Cajun Craze for fall (August-December)
- Stamp your images using "Season of Friendship" onto the sponged 3 3/4 x 5 inch pieces of Whisper white in a manner pleasing to your eye.
- Mount images on large colored card stock.
I stamped multiple leaves on scrap card stock and affixed using glue dots to stamped image to give some height contrast for interest.
- I also decorated the cut images with dots of glitter glue (not Stampin' Up) at the base of each leaf set.
- Allow to dry completely before continuing with mounting of these images.
- Stamp the sentiment (if desired) on a scrap of Whisper white and sponge with coordinating inks.
- Mount using a stampin' dimensional.
- Mount your completed stamped images on the coordinating card stock.
- Mount calendar (I search internet for free images) on the small piece of colored card stock.
- Use a scrap of Whisper white cut into 1 x 3 inch section and score the short edge at 5.5, 1.5 and 2.5. This will create a "stand" for the calendar.
- Now you are ready to mount your images. Mount the winter image and the spring image on the same side of the base with the "tops" of the image at the center (fold line).
- Turn the "base" over and mount the summer and fall images in a like fashion.
When mounting the stamped images it is best to allow your stand the room to easily slide under the image so you do not have to lift up anything when you switch to the other side mid-year!
Viola, a perpetual 2012 calendar!
Have a blessed year! Printfree.com Yearly Calendars
Here is the link for the pdf calendar: pdf calendar
By Diana from Prospect, KY