This is a woodcraft that your youngsters can help to make to give to their teacher. It will take adult help to do the cutting of the apple, and perhaps to do the printing on the apple, but the kids can do the painting A good family night craft.
- 1/2 inch plywood
- acrylic paints
- beaded type keychain
- black paint pen
- clear spray paint
- drill and drill bit
- artist's paint brushes
- scroll saw
- Trace apple pattern (see PDF) onto card stock and cut out, cereal box cardboard will work great. Lay pattern on plywood and draw around with pencil. Cut out with scroll saw.
- Sand both sides smooth, and drill a hole in the apple for the keychain.
- Paint the apple, stem, and leaf using picture as your guide. Let dry completely.
- Write the saying on the apple. Let dry and give it a coat of clear spray.
- Attach the keychain through the hole.
I made these with several different sayings: "3 reasons to be a teacher"; "Teachers have class"; "To teach is to learn twice". You may have other suitable quotes.
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
Click Here to download the Apple for the Teacher Keychain Instructions, including template, in PDF format.
February 5, 20090 found this helpful
This is really cute.
October 6, 20140 found this helpful
I am a teacher, this is hilarious! What a cute idea~ :)