Making an Egg Carton Octopus

Category Toys

Next to TP tubes, egg cartons are a very popular supply to keep on hand for recycled crafts. This project shows you how to turn an egg carton section into this cute little octopus with the addition of paint, yarn, and googly eyes.

Make this cute octopus from an egg carton. This octopus can be used as a bookmark for a book and for a puppet show. My daughter likes playing with carton animals and uses her books as the background for a puppet show.

Total Time: 15 minutes + paint dry time

• egg carton
  • scissors
  • tape
  • yarn
  • Sharpie
  • googly eyes
  • paint
  • paint brush

1. An octopus has 6 arms and 2 legs. I am unsure why, but I tied 6 yarn pieces and knotted them together. You can go as many as you would like or 8 (it's up to you since this is just for play pretend).
  2. Advertisement

3. Cut out a section of an egg carton and paint it your desired color. Allow to dry. I made (2) octopuses, one with the eyes drawn on with a Sharpie and one with googly eyes glued on.
  4. Tape or hot glue the knotted yarn underneath the egg carton.
  5. Ready for your child to play with their egg carton octopus friend! (The picture is my daughter playing against a book.)

Crafts Recycled Crafts ToysMarch 10, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻