Making an Egg Carton Panda
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 22, 2020
This is an adorable panda you can make out of an egg carton. It's holding a bamboo stick, which is made from the straw from a kid's drink box. This is a wonderful all-ages craft, and it's virtually free. :)
Total Time: 30 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 1 panda
- 1 cardboard egg carton
- black paint
- hot glue gun or strong craft glue
- small drinking straw
- Cut out three bowls from the base of the egg carton.
- To make the panda legs, cut out two of the egg cup separators.
- Cut out 2 small panda ears from the carton. To make the arms, cut out a long boomerang shaped piece.
- Paint the legs, ears, and arms black. Let dry.
- To make the panda body, glue 2 of the carton bowls together.
- Cut 2 little slits on top of the other bowl. Slip in the ears.
- Paint on eyes, nose, and a mouth. Use the indentation from the egg carton to help with the placement.
- Glue the head onto the body so it's looking outward.
- Now glue the legs onto the sides of the body.
- Glue the boomerang shaped piece around the back of the panda, coming forward. These are its arms. Glue the drinking straw onto its hand, vertically.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.