Maple Sausage Stuffed Waffles

I love having maple breakfast sausages with my waffles in the morning. Here, I tried cooking the sausages first, then added them to my homemade waffle batter. The flavours and texture were perfect! Because of the strong maple flavour from the sausage, I added a bit of powdered sugar on top in lieu of using syrup. This kept the waffles crisp, and allowed for the waffles' flavours to come through.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 3 large waffles

1. Add the vinegar to the milk and allow to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. This will be your buttermilk.
  2. Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together in a bowl.
  3. Whisk the egg in another bowl, then mix in the buttermilk. Beat in tablespoon of granulated sugar.
  4. Advertisement

5. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Set aside to rest.
  6. Crumble up the maple sausage and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through.
  7. Add the sausage meat and its drippings into the waffle batter. Mix well.
  8. Heat up waffle iron. Add batter. Press down the lid.
  9. Advertisement

10. Cook until browned on both sides. Sift powdered sugar on top and serve immediately. These can be frozen and reheated.

Read More or Comment...

Viewing This Page
Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastApril 30, 2020
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Maple-Sausage-Stuffed-Waffles-1.html