Marriage and Taxes

I recently got married last month. I worked the same job for 14 years but in June we relocated and unfortunately the job couldn't come with. I've never been married and I've never filed taxes any other way do I have to file married this year?

By Nc

It would be in your best interest to file married, as that is now a deduction you can claim (if you are the head of household). If you are not the head, then your spouse will claim you as a deduction, which means you don't have to pay as much in taxes.

You can either file married or married filing separately. Your taxes will be lower if you file as married.

Budget & Finance TaxesOctober 17, 2014
📓
🌻
🐛